It has been busy here…

May 24, 2018

I just realized that I didn’t post anything yesterday! I cannot believe that I didn’t give you all something from my Den Journals to read! My only explanation is that we have been incredibly busy. Between burring my dear Mother, to helping Dad clean up the house, do some repairs and pick up the pieces, Em preparing for her freshman year finals, doctor appointments with Den….I could go on, but that would be pointless and I know you get the picture.

Tomorrow morning, I will get back to my usual daily posts. I told you before that I started keeping a daily journal of Den’s “fall from grace” when this all started back in November of 2015. I just checked and we are 3/4 done with Book 1. (I am currently writing in Book 3 of the series.)

I had told you all that Em and I were flying to Las Vegas  for a wake and funeral mass for my mother earlier this month. This was the first time Den was home alone overnight…he was actually home alone this time for 3 days. I was so worried about him! I would call him first thing in the morning, after lunch, after dinner and before we went to bed. I had made sure there was plenty of food for him in the fridge and freezer, before we left for the airport. I had also arranged with his daughter and sister to keep tabs on him and make sure that he was OK. They did a wonderful job and by the time I got home, Den was sick of visitors. He just wanted to be left alone to do his thing…by himself. All in all, Den did wonderful on his own. He did have a few helping hands and he doesn’t want to do it again. At least we all know that he can be alone overnight….and longer if really necessary.

One last thing, I don’t know how may of you believe in ghosts or that sort of thing, but I have a few stories to tell. After my Mom passed, she kept reminding all of the kids about her in little ways.

  • My dad took my sister and her daughters to play BINGO (Mom’s favorite way to gamble). My sister only needed one number to win. She said,”Come on, Mom. I only need G55.” The very next number called was G55!
  • I had gotten dressed for the funeral mass. A group of us were standing in the foyer at my sister’s house. My niece says to me, “…you might want to change your necklace.” I look down and one of the 3 strands of pearls in my necklace is hanging. Not broken, just detached from the clasp. (Mom gave me at pearl necklace for my high school graduation.)
  • When we got back here to Chicago. My friend went to fill her car up with gas after the wake. She found a penny…said thanks to a friend that had died about a year ago. Then she found another, and another, and another….she said,”Thanks, Ma…I get it!” Since then she has not seen another “penny from heaven”


There are more stories, but these are the ones that stick out to me right now. I know my Mom is watching over all of us. She would never want us to be sad or upset. She left a huge hole in our daily lives, especially my Dad. Please, please, please…tell those you love that they matter, every day! You do not know when it is the last time you will see or talk to them. Do not take this time for granted…make the most of every single day.

1 thought on “It has been busy here…

  1. Denise Berry Seevers May 24, 2018 — 10:54 am

    She is watching over you all. She is giving you all little signs that she is here and you will be alright.


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this:
search previous next tag category expand menu location phone mail time cart zoom edit close